circa 2011 - click to HUGE enlargement!!!
In my computer coexist more than 300 applications and pretty nasty gangs of plugins. A few I use in a daily basis, others are for special purposes only and the rest I rarely make use, but gained affection 😛
P H O T O
- Lightroom — since version 1; for quick drafts, cataloging and a first pass grade then normally to PS. Lately I find myself also using mixed approaches when developing / pursuing high quality imaginary
- Photoshop <>> check Affinity Photo though, newer, faster, cheaper and with perpetual license
Iridient Raw Developer — A very nice interface, powerful and accurate conversion engine. PhaseOne Capture One Pro —Probably best color engine, very good with µ4/3 and skins
- ^ Alienskin Exposure ^ Realgrain
- Lrtimelapse — fantastisch software for timelapse freedom
- GIMP, GMIC, Photoflow (all working at 32bit floating point depth), Darktable — all previous OSS open source software, Raw Photo Processor both also 32bits output capable =),
UFRaw, Rawtherapee, Lightzone, etc.though rarely using… long gone the days of line code developing with Dcraw
- Nik Collection; bought by google and now FREE; Dfine and CEFX specially good
- EXIFTOOL, Set Exif Data, Image optimaizer, ImageFuser for HDR work, Hugin pano, XN Convert (batch appli), favoured Fragment‘s speed over old
Sequential, Tone Hacker (win) and like a 100 more open-source apps
V I D E O
- Premiere << loads of PLUGs
- After Effects << more PLUGs yet
Final Cut Pro 7
Apple Color — my GRADING princess 🙂she got too temperamental and spoiled, I sacrificed her to the soft gods
- Quicktime Pro (forever!!!)
- NeatVideo, best affordable video pro noise reduction soft
- FFMPEG, youtube-dl, subliminal, alone but also in conjunction with mpv’s scripts and UI — to be able of marking in&out points while watching a shot, to immediately download subtitles for any film in any language, to extract HQ stills (any given time period), split audio and video, delete metadata from video, rewrap it in a .mov container, crop it in real time, download and convert video from almost any place, have an overlay of accurate stats, etc. are just some of the powerful things one can do
- M P V (0.20.0) all the waaaay, best fucking open source player ever!!! PERIOD.
XBMC now called Kodi as media center,
Movist, and VLC as last resort
- Hybrid (as ffmpeg frontend), a x265 10bit variant of Handbrake,
Mpegstreaclip, VirtualDub (win), TsMuxer, bbDemux, remux, MoviePrint, VideoBlend, mediainfo, MKV tools
- Avidemux nightly build with its useful filters
- Davinci Resolve Lite this has start to become even my editor for simpler videos and with Fusion for composite stuff
Lightworks, interesting and capable platform but after a long betatester journey I must warn you though it is not remotelly free
- Playing with (poor man’s Nuke) Natron
4GB of pretty descontrolled channelized cactus, self-embrodied medicinal herbs, narcoleptic míscaros and other brothers of the chaos order mostly hallucinogenic and homeless mushrooms ☘
S O U N D
…in the oven… but mainly ocenaudio, izotope and audition
Specially here it is important for me to say that machines are just a tool. Of course you “need” to know and master your tools, so you are able to forget them and flow in order to push their/your limits making the most out of them. But that doesn’t mean you “need” the latest and prohibitive pro gear. I’ve seen truly great photography, videography and stuff made with cheap point&shoot old camera and a GREAT SOUL.
Panasonic GH3 she died and I sold the remains, too lazy to bury
Panasonic GH2 currently
on Mr. Bkmcwd’s Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO4 BETA5
Vivitar VMC 28-200mm f/3.5-5.3 (Kobori) nikon mount
- Vivitar VMC 70-210mm f/2.8-4 Series 1 (Komine) nikon mount
- Nikon AI 80-200mm F4.5
- Minolta Rokkor PG MC 50mm f1.4
Minolta MD 50mm f2 (under observation)sold (cost price) so friend can enjoy too =) Tokina 28mm f2.8same as above
- Isco-Rollei 85mm f2.8 (home-made molotovvy)
- Panasonic pancake 20mm f1.7
- Panasonic 14-140mm f4-5.6 my lovely work-whore, I mean horse
- Olympus 45mm f1.8
- Rokinnon 12mm f2 KFC aka little beast
cards a couple 64Gb SDHC sandisk extreme 95Mb/s cards + several others less extreme SD and micro sd cards… and of course spanish classic cards, several decks
- UV filters different sizes, B&W are very expensive (but good)
- Genustech eclipse II variND 67mm
- 2 x circular polarizer (67mm)
- Several mod&made macro and WA lenses and weird glasses and filters
- Lots of step up/down rings
- a little blue whale with zipper
Sony Hx9v 1/2.3″ sensor P&S with breast cancer
Inherited flash Metz always on vacations sold it to a very nice guy, even more geeky than me Cheapest Samsung android mobile phone rooted and running modded OS downgraded also
Card reader, the cheaper the better, really!
Myriad of different cleaning tissues, velcro straps, cloth baggies and beeberons (WTF!!!)
2 x mini tripod 1 lonelly mini tripod; cheap, flexible, very light and handy — and not soooo sturdy
Manfrotto tripod. Very very abused
Benro monopod, *****
LowePro bag and like 5 different sizes (from 20 to 60L) inconspicuous bags
Home-made mini rigs, spare change, some industrial rope, tiny screwdrivers, velcro snails, blower, smoking paper, etc.
Zoom H1 + Rycote deadcat
Sony mini disk MZ-R700 paraplegic the poor thing
Rode Stereo shotgun mic aka Stiffy
Sony mic, AA powered and several other little mics (lavaliers, piezo,…)
Profigold cables and most ethereal precious dust, just dust.
AKG studio headphones aka Hi-Fi Donuts
COMPUTER&STUFF aka the survivors
A, despite deformed by osteoporosis, most venerable grandpa motherfucker aka zero reflective screen Macbook pro 2008, jumping at 2.5 Ghz cycles, limping 6Gb ram, and spiting from a Samsung Evo 250 SSD drive. Running latest and buggiest (most stupid resource hungry OS ever!!!) OS 10.9 + logitech wireless mouse, very nice for editing (7 assignable butons) + coolmaster base with detachable fans, the only I found to really work, beside you can carry the laptop inside so it gets extra protected… which in my case is never enough 😛 My binary grandpa died with a cold motherboard stroke, auuuuuuuuUUUU!!
Maxed up (32GB) quad-core iMac Retina 27′ i7 /// despite the bullying from apple, best computer monitor (full sRGB gamut) I’ve laid my eyes on /// currently running a rootless highly modded 10.11.6 — NOT updating to Sierra anytime soon, maybe ever.
3 Lacie Quadra drives which (through firewire 800 >> thunderbolt and USB 3) still deliver with not a hiccup whatsoever. A super cheap allu Toshiba beefy drive for redundancy. An ever-growing gypsy family of repurposed HD’s, USB sticks and who knows what the hell’s that?!!!
Pioneer amp (found in garbage). Sony boombox mod into amp, mod old skeletonized zen mp3 died, heart attacks, too much coke and salt, same with old nokia monocolor lovelly tight ass mobile phone —- god so many burials!!! — and very nice 1976 model Bose speakers, that came from NY and missed a big fire. Sony 17′ CRT monitor…survived everything Died, pneumonia. My laptop charger, motherboard connector (replaced), an superdrive as well, tough winter +)